The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Children’s Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
MURFREESBORO, TN - The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. will be giving away bicycle helmets to children on Saturday, April 28, 2018, at the 42nd Annual Pioneer Days at Cannonsburgh Village, Murfreesboro. The free bike helmet giveaway is designed to raise awareness about the benefits of bike helmets in preventing serious head injuries. The giveaway will take place between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., but attendees are encouraged to arrive early as quantities are limited.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), bicycling contributes to more head injuries than any other sport for children ages 5-14, yet only 48% of children wear a helmet when riding their bike. That number is even less for older children. Each year, approximately 300,000 kids go to the ER because of bike injuries, and 26,000 are treated for, what are all too often, life-altering traumatic brain injuries. Wearing a bike helmet can reduce the risk of head injury by as much as 85%. Tennessee law requires children 16 years of age and younger to wear a helmet if they are biking.
“Wearing a helmet is the most effective and simple way to protect your brain while biking.” said John Day, owner of The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. “In our practice, we’ve seen the devastating effects of traumatic brain injury and we want every child in our community to have access to this critical piece of safety equipment.”
Children and their parents can take part in this event by visiting The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. booth during Pioneer Days at Cannonsburgh Village. The free bike helmets will be available in multiple sizes, so parents can ensure a good fit for their child. The helmets will be available to children on a first-come, first-served basis.
Experts recommend that helmets should sit on the top of the head in a level position, with the chin strap buckled snugly and the side straps should form a “V” shape under and slightly in front of the ears.The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., (www.johndaylegal.com) is an award-winning Murfreesboro and Brentwood law firm representing clients in personal injury and wrongful death claims. Our attorneys help clients receive compensation for injuries sustained in auto and trucking accidents, pedestrian and biking accidents and injuries related to medical negligence, dangerous and defective products and many other types of accident cases. The firm also represents clients in legal and professional malpractice claims, as well as commercial litigation lawsuits.
- Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Another Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
- Day and Baker Named Best of the Bar
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Children’s Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
- Make Getting Home Safe Your New Year's Resolution
- Day Attorneys Selected for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Law Offices of John Day Selected for 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers - 'Best Law Firms'
- TN Supreme Court Names Sitgreaves Attorney for Justice
- Day Appointed Regent to American College of Trial Lawyers
- Day And Bass Included in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Bass Named Trial Lawyer of The Year
- John A. Day and Laura Baker Named Best of the Bar
- Laura Baker Named to Nashville 40 Under 40
- Congratulations to John Day, Brandon Bass, Laura Baker, Burke Keaty and Joy Day!
- Caroline Sapp of The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. Honored by the Tennessee Supreme Court for Her Pro Bono Work
- Laura Baker Named Shareholder at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
- Fourth Annual Lawyers for Littles Event Raises over $20,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- Court Victory for Big Machine Records, Attorney John Day
- John Day Comments as Attorney Involved in Tim McGraw/Curb Records Legal Dispute
- Attorney Brandon Bass Earns Prestigious
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating
- Law Offices of John Day Team Proves It's All
- Trivial...Per Se
- Middle Tennessee Lawyers Raise $24,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- John A. Day Named Nashville Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year