Middle Tennessee Lawyers Raise $24,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters
Laura Bishop of the Law Offices of John Day; Thomas W. Shumate IV of Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Colbert; and James Crumlin of Bone McAllester Norton present a check for $23,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee.
Nashville-area attorneys recently organized a bowling fundraising event that raised over $24,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee, one of the top two events of its kind in 2011. The “Lawyers for Littles” Bowl for Kids’ Sake event, organized by Laura Bishop of The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.; Thomas W. Shumate IV of Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Colbert, P.L.L.C; David Wicker of Corbett Crockett; and James Crumlin of Bone McAllister Norton, took place May 17 at Hillwood Strike and Spare in West Nashville. Twenty-one teams of attorneys, law firms and other legal organizations participated to help make this year’s event a striking success.
While the night was more about raising money for the “Littles” than anything else, there were several noteworthy team and individual efforts. Those taking home the trophies and honors were:
Top Fundraising Team – Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Colbert, P.L.L.C.
Top Fundraising Individual – Thomas W. Shumate IV – Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Colbert, P.L.L.C.
Best Dressed Team – Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
Best Team Spirit – Appellate Court Clerks – Middle Division
Best Team Name – “Guttering Gourmet Group” – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Highest Team Score – Frost Brown Todd
Highest Individual Score – Greg Elmore, Lattimore, Black, Morgan & Cain
Teams participating in the event were: Appellate Court Clerks – Middle Division; Bass, Berry & Sims; Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee; Bone McAllester Norton; Corbett Crockett; Evans, Jones & Reynolds; Frost Brown Todd; Hall Booth Smith & Slover; Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Colbert, P.L.L.C.; Lattimore, Black, Morgan & Cain; Lawyers’ Association for Women; Law Offices of John Day, P.C.; Lewis King Krieg & Waldrop; The Nahon Firm; NALS – Association of Legal Professionals; Ortale Kelley Herbert & Crawford; Phi Alpha Delta; Prochaska Thompson Quinn & Ferraro; Robertson County Bar Association; and Tennessee Board of Regents.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee is a volunteer and donor-driven organization that matches children in need with a positive adult role model. They provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. These improvements create better schools, safer neighborhoods, and help children make healthier choices.
Funds raised in events like the “Lawyers for Littles” Bowl for Kids’ Sake event are used to conduct background checks on volunteers to ensure child safety and to provide ongoing support for children, families and volunteers to build and sustain long-lasting relationships. The average annual cost per child to receive one-to-one mentoring services through Big Brothers Big Sisters is $1,000. Thanks to the “Lawyers for Littles” event, 23 more children will be served this year. It costs approximately $88,000 to incarcerate a troubled youth for a year, so this event potentially saved more than two million dollars of taxpayer funds.
- Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Another Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
- Day and Baker Named Best of the Bar
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Children’s Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
- Make Getting Home Safe Your New Year's Resolution
- Day Attorneys Selected for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Law Offices of John Day Selected for 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers - 'Best Law Firms'
- TN Supreme Court Names Sitgreaves Attorney for Justice
- Day Appointed Regent to American College of Trial Lawyers
- Day And Bass Included in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Bass Named Trial Lawyer of The Year
- John A. Day and Laura Baker Named Best of the Bar
- Laura Baker Named to Nashville 40 Under 40
- Congratulations to John Day, Brandon Bass, Laura Baker, Burke Keaty and Joy Day!
- Laura Baker Named Shareholder at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
- Fourth Annual Lawyers for Littles Event Raises over $20,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- Court Victory for Big Machine Records, Attorney John Day
- John Day Comments as Attorney Involved in Tim McGraw/Curb Records Legal Dispute
- Attorney Brandon Bass Earns Prestigious
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating
- Law Offices of John Day Team Proves It's All
- Trivial...Per Se
- Middle Tennessee Lawyers Raise $24,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- John A. Day Named Nashville Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year