FAQ and Legal Guides
We maintain a website called the Tennessee Injury Law Center, which is devoted exclusively to answering consumer questions about legal issues. Click on a question below to see the answer, or submit your own question at www.tennesseeinjurylawcenter.com.
- How are Settlements Calculated?
- How to Prepare for a Meeting with an Injury Attorney
- How to Select a Personal Injury Attorney
- What to Do Following an Accident
- What Is My Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Case Worth?
- What Are the Deadlines for Filing a Lawsuit in Tennessee?
- How Do I Represent Myself in an Injury Case?
- What Happens After I Hire You as My Lawyer?
- How Much Do You Charge?
- Understanding Attorney's Fees and Expenses in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
- What Is a Deposition?
- Do I Have to Respond to a Subpoena?
- What is Loss of Consortium?
- Can I Get Sued for a Car Accident If I Have Insurance?
- What are my rights if I was in a wreck in a parking lot?
- What does it mean when you have uninsured motorist insurance policy limits of $50,000/$100,000?
- Can my statement on the accident report be used against me?
- What does it mean when you have liability insurance policy limits of $250,000/$500,000?
- What damages are recoverable in Tennessee for wrongful death?
- Can a sibling file a wrongful death lawsuit?
- What is my time limit for filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Tennessee?
- Is an executor required to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Tennessee?
- Can a parent who did not pay child support recover money in the child's wrongful death case?
- What damages are recoverable in a trucking accident claim?
- Why contact a lawyer quickly when injured in a truck wreck?
- Is it true that the truck driver's insurance company does not have to tell me how much liability insurance the driver had?
Damages in Personal Injury Cases
- How to Get More Money From the Insurance Company for Your Injury Claim
- What are the categories of damages that can be recovered in a personal injury case?
- Will I get more money for my personal injury case if I have surgery?
- How does a jury know what my future medical bills will be?
- Can I make the at-fault party in my injury case responsible for my medical bills for life?
- How is pain and suffering valued?