Contact Us Now For a Free Consultation
Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Another Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
MURFREESBORO, TN - The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. will once again be giving out free bicycle helmets to area children during the Baby and Kids Expo at St. Thomas Rutherford on Saturday, July 21st from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. The giveaway is designed to raise awareness about the benefits of bike helmets in preventing head injuries.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), bicycling contributes to more head injuries than any other sport for children ages 5-14, yet only 48% of children wear a helmet when riding their bike. Each year approximately 300,000 kids go to the ER because of bike injuries, and 26,000 are treated for traumatic brain injuries.
Studies have shown that wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of brain injury and death by as much as 85% because the helmet absorbs the majority of shock during impact rather than your head or brain. Experts recommend that helmets should sit on the top of the head in a level position, with the chin strap buckled snugly and the side straps forming a “V” shape under, and slightly in front of your ears.
“Wearing a helmet is the most simple and effective way to protect your brain while biking,” said John Day, owner of The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. “In our practice, we’ve seen the long-term and devastating effects that traumatic brain injury can have on an individual. Because of that, we want every child in our community to have access to this essential piece of protective gear.”
Children can receive a free helmet by visiting The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.’s booth at the Baby and Kid’s Expo. Bike helmets will be available in multiple sizes so that parents can ensure a good fit for their child. The helmets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., (www.johndaylegal.com) is an award-winning Murfreesboro and Brentwood law firm representing clients in personal injury and wrongful death claims. Our attorneys help clients receive compensation for injuries sustained in auto and trucking accidents, pedestrian and biking accidents and injuries related to medical negligence, dangerous and defective products and many other types of accident cases. The firm also represents clients in legal and professional malpractice claims, as well as commercial litigation lawsuits.
- Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Another Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
- Day and Baker Named Best of the Bar
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Children’s Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
- Make Getting Home Safe Your New Year's Resolution
- Day Attorneys Selected for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Law Offices of John Day Selected for 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers - 'Best Law Firms'
- TN Supreme Court Names Sitgreaves Attorney for Justice
- Day Appointed Regent to American College of Trial Lawyers
- Day And Bass Included in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Bass Named Trial Lawyer of The Year
- John A. Day and Laura Baker Named Best of the Bar
- Laura Baker Named to Nashville 40 Under 40
- Congratulations to John Day, Brandon Bass, Laura Baker, Burke Keaty and Joy Day!
- Caroline Sapp of The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. Honored by the Tennessee Supreme Court for Her Pro Bono Work
- Laura Baker Named Shareholder at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
- Fourth Annual Lawyers for Littles Event Raises over $20,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- Court Victory for Big Machine Records, Attorney John Day
- John Day Comments as Attorney Involved in Tim McGraw/Curb Records Legal Dispute
- Attorney Brandon Bass Earns Prestigious
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating
- Law Offices of John Day Team Proves It's All
- Trivial...Per Se
- Middle Tennessee Lawyers Raise $24,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- John A. Day Named Nashville Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year