Professional Honors and Awards
For more than 70 years, we have been committed to helping injury victims and their families and, during that time, our dedication and success have been recognized through a number of awards and honors. Below are just a few of the ones some of our attorneys and the firm have proudly received:
- In 2002, John Day was elected as a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. This international organization includes many of the best-known, highly-respected trial lawyers in the country. Our state has more than 23,000 licensed attorneys and less than 200 lawyers in Tennessee have been elected to membership in this organization.
- John Day has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyers Top 100 every year since 2006.
- John Day was recently named one of Nashville's Top 101 Lawyers for 2011 by the Nashville Post.
- For the past nineteen years, John Day has been recognized as one of the country's best lawyers by Best Lawyers.
- In 2009, Best Lawyers named John Day the Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year in Nashville, Tennessee. Best Lawyers determines its award by surveying thousands of leading lawyers and asking them to evaluate their professional peers.
- In 2010, Best Lawyers awarded John Day the title of Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year for the Nashville area.
- In 2012, Best Lawyers called John Day the Lawyer of the Year in the area of "Bet the Company Litigation" for the Nashville area.
- Since 2007, John Day has been recognized by Best Lawyers in five separate categories including Personal Injury Litigation, Product Liability Litigation, Medical Malpractice Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation.
- Business Tennessee has consistently named John Day one of the best lawyers in the State of Tennessee.
- The Law Offices of John Day has been declared one of the nation's best law firms by U.S. News and World Reports.
- We have earned numerous Super Lawyers awards. Super Lawyers is a rating service of preeminent lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes peer nominations and evaluations as well as independent research.
- Our lawyers have earned Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent ratings. Martindale-Hubbell ratings are an objective indicator of a lawyer's professional ability and ethics. The ratings are based on evaluations by other other attorneys and the judiciary.
- John Day is board-certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is also certified as a specialist in Medical Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. These certifications require a thorough screening of the attorney's experience and credentials including an exam, peer and judicial review, documentation of their experience and disclosure of any disciplinary action.
- Joy Day is also board-certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- In 2015, Laura Baker was the winner of the Nashville Business Journal's 40 Under 40 award. The award is given to professionals under 40 years of age who have demonstrated outstanding professional accomplishments and charitable endeavors. Hundreds are nominated for the award but only 40 individuals are chosen.
- Our lawyers have also obtained exemplary Avvo ratings.
While awards and professional honors are wonderful, they would be nothing without the praise of our clients. We are proud of the relationships we have with our clients and the successes we have achieved for them. So, take a moment and review our Client Testimonials.