Fourth Annual Lawyers for Littles Event Raises over $20,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Nashville-area attorneys recently organized and held the fourth annual “Lawyers for Littles” Bowl for Kids’ Sake event, helping to raise over $20,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee. Organized by Thomas W. Shumate IV of Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Colbert, P.L.L.C. and Laura B. Baker of The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., the bowling fundraiser took place May 9, 2013, at Hillwood Strike and Spare in West Nashville. Twenty-three teams participated in the event, representing all spheres of the legal profession, including law firms, corporate counsel, government agencies and bar associations.
Among those teams and individuals recognized for outstanding efforts in fundraising and bowling were:
Top Fundraising Team – “Strike That” – Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Colbert
Top Fundraising Individual – Thomas W. Shumate IV – Kay, Griffin, Enkema & Colbert
2nd Place Fundraising Individual – Michael Creath – Waller Lansden Dortsch & Davis
3rd Place Fundraising Individual – Laura B. Baker – Law Offices of John Day
Best Dressed Team – "It Takes a Village" – Hall, Booth, Smith & Slover
Most Team Spirit – “Pillsbury Powerhouse” – Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Best Team Name – “Bowlable Hours" – Bradley Arant Boult Cummings
Highest Team Score – “Too Legit to Split” – U.S. Department of Labor
Highest Individual Score – Jerry Sawyer – “Too Legit to Split”
Corporate sponsors for Lawyers for Littles included Thompson Reuters and LogicForce Consulting, LLC. The Nashville Predators also donated hockey memorabilia for auctioning as a contribution to the event.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee is a volunteer and donor-driven organization that matches children in need with a positive adult role model. They provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. These improvements create better schools, safer neighborhoods, and help children make healthier choices.
Funds raised in events like the “Lawyers for Littles” Bowl for Kids’ Sake event are used to conduct background checks on volunteers to ensure child safety and to provide ongoing support for children, families and volunteers to build and sustain long-lasting relationships. The average annual cost per child to receive one-to-one mentoring services through Big Brothers Big Sisters is $1,000. Thanks to the 2013 “Lawyers for Littles” event, 20 more children will be served this year.
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. Offers Free Uber Rides Home This NYE!
- John Day Selected to Serve As Secretary of The American College of Trial Lawyers
- Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Another Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
- Day and Baker Named Best of the Bar
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. to Host Children’s Bicycle Helmet Giveaway
- Make Getting Home Safe Your New Year's Resolution
- Day Attorneys Selected for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Law Offices of John Day Selected for 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers - 'Best Law Firms'
- TN Supreme Court Names Sitgreaves Attorney for Justice
- Day Appointed Regent to American College of Trial Lawyers
- Day And Bass Included in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Bass Named Trial Lawyer of The Year
- John A. Day and Laura Baker Named Best of the Bar
- Laura Baker Named to Nashville 40 Under 40
- Congratulations to John Day, Brandon Bass, Laura Baker, Burke Keaty and Joy Day!
- Laura Baker Named Shareholder at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
- Fourth Annual Lawyers for Littles Event Raises over $20,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- Court Victory for Big Machine Records, Attorney John Day
- John Day Comments as Attorney Involved in Tim McGraw/Curb Records Legal Dispute
- Attorney Brandon Bass Earns Prestigious
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating
- Law Offices of John Day Team Proves It's All
- Trivial...Per Se
- Middle Tennessee Lawyers Raise $24,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- John A. Day Named Nashville Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year