Perry County, Tennessee
(1) We do not try to be jack-of-all trades type lawyers. Instead, we focus on civil litigation and personal injury and wrongful death cases. We do not handle bankruptcies, divorces, corporate matters, tax cases, wills and trusts, real estate matters, child custody cases, DUIs or other criminal cases.
(2) We listen to our clients and understand their problems. We are responsive to their needs and questions. We return phone calls and emails promptly.
(3) We develop a case strategy that is personalized to your accident and case, and then we aggressively move toward resolution.
(4) We know the law. Our staff is routinely invited to speak to other lawyers about changes to and nuances of the law.
(5) We understand the medical issues involved in your case. We have a nurse on staff full-time to assist with these issues.
Types of Cases We Handle in Perry County
We handle all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases including medical malpractice cases, brain injury cases, slip and fall accidents, dog bite cases, farm equipment accidents, towing-related accidents, construction accidents, drowning and near-drowning accidents, boating accidents, defective product cases, carbon-monoxide poisoning cases, jet ski accidents, bicycle accidents, burn injury cases, eye injury cases, nursing home abuse and neglect cases, food poisoning cases, golf cart accidents, sexual abuse cases, liquor liablity cases and many others.
We handle all injury and death cases on a contingency basis which means we only get paid if we recover money for you or your family. For more detailed information about attorneys' fees and case expenses, click here.
Car Accident Cases in Perry County
While most of us do it everyday, driving is dangerous. Tennessee has about 4.5 million licensed drivers and thousands of miles of roadways. We have a number of interstates that run through our State, which brings additional out-of-state drivers and truckers. Unfortunately, serious accidents can happen when drivers choose to engage in unsafe acts. Truckers who drive longer than their permitted hours become fatigued and careless. Teenagers who try to text and drive are distracted. Other drivers speed, drive under the influence or are just plain careless.
The Tennessee Department of Safety collects data on each county's crash statistics. Below are the rankings for Perry County for 2011-2015:
- Overall Crash Rate: 68th
- Fatal Crash Rate: 18th
- Injury Crash Rate: 33rd
- Motorcycle Crash Rate: 26th
- Alcohol-Impaired Fatality Rate: 48th
- Alcohol-Impaired Crash Rate: 62nd
- Speeding Crash Rate: 67th
- Young Driver (Ages 15-24) Crash Rate: 77th
- Senior Driver (Ages 65+) Crash Rate: 92nd
A copy of the Tennessee Department of Safety's crash statistics can be found here.
Although Perry County's stats have improved in a number of categories since the last data, as you can see, it can still be a very dangerous place to drive. If you have been involved in an automobile accident or any other type of accident, you need a skilled and aggressive advocate on your side so that you can be sure you are getting all the compensation you deserve.
Perry County Judges and Court Information
Sometimes, in order to hold the at-fault person accountable, we must file suit. If that is necessary, Perry County is located within the 21st Judicial District which also includes Hickman, Lewis and Williamson counties. The judges in the 21st Judicial District are:
The 21st Judicial District has Local Rules of Court that can be found here. These rules govern various topics such as motion dates, setting cases for trial, pretrial procedure, etc.
In Perry County, for the 2010-2011 reporting period, only 1 tort case (a claim for personal injury or wrongful death) was filed and not a single case went to trial. For the 2011-2012 reporting period, the statistics were exactly the same: only one case was filed and none were tried. In 2012-2013, zero tort cases were filed and zero tort cases went to trial. In 2013-2014, two tort cases were filed but none went to trial. Last year, not a single tort case was filed in Perry County.
If you have been involved in an accident in Perry County and need high-quality representation to protect your rights and your future, call one of our award-winning attorneys today at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866-812-8787 or online. We have recovered millions and millions of dollars for our satisfied clients and we can help you too.