Bicycle Collisions With Motor Vehicles
Drivers of motor vehicles are required by law to share the roads with bicyclists, but all too often they fail to do so. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report, in 2010, 618 bicyclists were killed and an additional 52,000 were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes. Other notable facts from the report include:
- The majority of the fatalities occurred in urban areas;
- The majority of the fatalities did NOT occur at intersections;
- Most fatalities occurred between the hours of 4:00 pm. and 8:00 p.m.
- The average age of those killed was 42;
- Fatalities for bicyclists under age 16 have decreased significantly since 2001, but there has been an increase in fatalities for bicyclists ages 25 to 64;
- The majority of bicyclists killed or injured were males.
For more than 70 years, the attorneys at the Law Offices of John Day have been the voice of bicycle accident victims and their families. We understand the physical, emotional and financial hardships that result from serious bike accidents, and we want to help you get the compensation you deserve for damages such as:
- Medical Bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent impairment
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Future medical care
Even if the driver was uninsured, you may be able to seek compensation from your own auto carrier under the uninsured/underinsured motorist provisions of your policy. We review each policy with a fine-tooth comb to ensure that all avenues of compensation are pursued.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, one of our experienced bicycle accident attorneys will meet with you to thoroughly discuss and evaluate your case. If your injuries prevent you from coming to our office, we will gladly come to your home or the hospital. We handle all bicycle accident cases on a contingency basis so we only get paid if we recover money for you. We advance all case expenses including filing fees, court reporter fees, expert witness fees, etc. You do not have to pay anything out of pocket to pursue your case. If you would like to discuss a potential bicycle accident injury claim, please contact us online or call us at 615-742-4880 or 866-812-8787 for a free, no-obligation consultation. We have recovered more than $100 million dollars for our clients, and we would like to help you too.