A fun day at the pool or lake can turn into an unimaginable tragedy when safety rules are not followed or safety equipment is missing or defective. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, ten people die everyday in drowning accidents. Children are especially at risk as drowning is the second leading cause of death in children ages 1 to 14. Near-drowning accidents can produce catastrophic brain injuries due to lack of oxygen. For each child that drowns, another four will require emergency medical attention from near-drowning accidents.
If your child or other loved one has been the victim of a drowning accident or near-drowning accident, our experienced team of drowning accident attorneys will help you hold the careless parties responsible regardless of whether the accident happened at a hotel pool, a local lake, a private pool, a water park or somewhere else. We have been representing the victims of drownings and near-drownings for over 80 years, so we know what it takes to win these types of cases. Our results speak for themselves -- we have recovered more than $100 million dollars for our satisfied clients. Let us help you and your family too.We Are Your Voice When You or a Loved One Has Been the Victim of a Drowning Accident
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a drowning or near-drowning, you need our experienced drowning accident attorneys to immediately:
- Investigate the accident on your behalf which may include taking scene photos, interviewing witnesses to the accident and obtaining any prior reports or citations related to the pool or boat;
- Gather all of the relevant evidence from the pool or boat owner including installation records, maintenance records, reports of prior incidences, personnel files of lifeguards, video footage from security cameras, etc.;
- Collect your medical records and, if necessary, hire medical and damages experts to help explain the nature and extent of your injuries and any future treatment required;
- Handle all of the necessary paperwork and negotiations with the insurance company;
- Protect your rights in court;
- Work diligently to ensure you get the maximum compensation you deserve for your losses.
Contact us online or call us any time of day at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866.812.8787. We will thoroughly discuss your drowning or near-drowning accident during a free, no-obligation consultation. If your injuries prevent you from coming to our office, we will gladly come to your home or the hospital. We understand the unending grief and devastating loss a family suffers when a child or other loved one is a victim of a drowning or near drowning, and we will work tirelessly to ensure you get the justice and the compensation you deserve for your family.
We handle all drowning and near-drowning accident cases on a contingency basis so we only get paid if we win. And, unlike some lawyers, we advance all case expenses. For more information on our fees and case expenses, click here.
For more information on drowning accidents, please review the additional information above.
- Near-Drowning Accidents
- Public Pool - Community Pool - Municipal Pool Drowning
- Apartment Pool Drowning
- Hotel Pool - Motel Pool Drowning
- Fitness Center Pool Drowning
- Summer Camp Drowning
- Negligent Life Guards
- Defective Pool Gate - Broken Pool Gate - Unfenced Pool
- Defective Pool Drain Covers - Virginia Graeme Baker Act
- Water Park Drowning
- Boating Accidents
- Jet Ski Accidents
- Drowning Statistics