Liability of Property Owners (or 'Premises Liability')
Premises liability law addresses the responsibility of landowners and land occupiers for injuries or deaths that occur on their land. Premises liability cases may arise in a variety of contexts, including:
- Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall cases in stores and parking lots
- Injuries or deaths that occur on another's property because of the failure to use reasonable steps to prevent crimes
- Injuries or deaths of children due to dangerous playgrounds or hidden dangers on another's property
- Injuries or deaths of persons working on property owned or occupied by another
- Exposure to toxic or hazardous substances
The Law Offices of John Day has helped people who have been injured or lost a loved one in each of these circumstances. If you would like to speak to us about a potential premises liability claim, please contact us online or call us at 615-742-4880 or 866-812-8787.