Picture of John Day

Murfreesboro, Tennessee Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys

murfreesboro carbon monoxide poisoningMurfreesboro and Rutherford County Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs after a person inhales certain levels of carbon monoxide, a tasteless, colorless, odorless toxic gas. Other than carbon monoxide detectors, a person has no way of knowing that he or she has been exposed to this poisonous gas—carbon monoxide is completely imperceptible to human senses.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be acute, meaning that the victim was exposed to a quick but high concentration of carbon monoxide. More often though, victims suffer from chronic carbon monoxide poisoning after prolonged exposer to lower levels of the gas. This poisoning often occurs in a home, office, hotel or apartment, recreational vehicle (RV) or boat and may stem from a wide range of potential causes, including faulty appliances, faulty carbon monoxide detectors, inadequate ventilation, charcoal grills, furnaces and heaters, wood-burning stoves, exhaust from vehicles, or equipment fueled by either propane or gasoline.

Because the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning usually mimic other diseases such as the flu, most victims do not immediately realize that they have been exposed to this deadly gas. They may suffer with headaches, dizziness, fatigue, chest pain, confusion, or experience memory problems or vomiting, but not realize that these indicate exposure to carbon monoxide. As a result, many victims fail to get the necessary treatment in a timely manner.

The effects of carbon monoxide poisoning can be catastrophic, as it is the most common type of fatal poisoning. In addition to death, carbon monoxide poisoning may lead to organ damage or brain injury, and carbon monoxide victims can suffer from effects of the poisoning for weeks, months, or even a lifetime.

If you or a loved one have been a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning in Murfreesboro or Rutherford County (or anywhere else in Tennessee), call us anytime at our Murfreesboro office at 615-867-9900 or toll-free at 866.812.8787. Our experienced carbon monoxide attorneys will thoroughly review your case for free and let you know if we can help. And we handle all carbon monoxide poisoning cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we do not get paid unless you get paid.

To learn more about carbon monoxide poisoning, please visit the following pages:

Client Reviews
★★★★★
Everything was great. You guys are a great representative. I was satisfied with everything. Truly appreciate John Day and his hard-working staff.
★★★★★
We thought that you did an excellent job in representing us in our lawsuit. We would recommend you to anyone. Mitch Deese
★★★★★
The Law Offices of John Day is, without a doubt, the best in Nashville! They treated me with the utmost respect and tended to my every need. No question went unanswered. I was always kept informed of every step in the process. I received phenomenal results; I couldn't ask for more. I would definitely hire the Law Offices of John Day again. Anthony Santiago
★★★★★
I would definitely recommend to anyone to hire John Day's law firm because everyone was helpful, made everything clear and got the job done. I am satisfied with how my case was handled. June Keomahavong
★★★★★
It's been a long battle but this firm has been very efficient and has done a remarkable job for me! I highly recommend them to anyone needing legal assistance. Everyone has always been very kind and kept me informed of all actions promptly. Linda Bush
★★★★★
I had a great experience with the Law Offices of John Day. The staff was very accommodating, and my phone calls/emails were always responded to in a timely manner. They made the entire process very easy and stress-free for me, and I had confidence that my case was in good hands. I am very happy with the results, and I highly recommend! Casey Hutchinson