Be Smart. Be Safe.
New Year’s Eve is a time of celebration and many of us like to ring in the new year with a few drinks. If you plan to drink this New Year’s Eve, be smart and plan a safe ride home.
According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) 2-3 times more people die in alcohol related crashes during the holidays than at any other time of the year. And Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reports that 48 percent of highway deaths on New Year’s Eve are alcohol-related.
The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. genuinely cares about the well-being of our community. Our firm has seen firsthand the devastating toll that drunk driving accidents can have. To reduce the number of impaired drivers on the road, we are providing a complimentary Uber ride to the residents of Murfreesboro and Rutherford County this New Year’s Eve.How Does it Work?
We're making it simple for those who have had too much to drink to arrive home safely, without putting themselves or others at risk. Simply fill out the registration form below, and we’ll provide you with a code that can be used to pay for your Uber ride this New Year’s Eve. When you’re ready to ride, simply enter the code into your Uber app, and your ride will be paid for up to $25.
Please note the following restrictions:
- You must be 21 years old.
- Rides can only start and end within Rutherford County.
- Uber rides can only be used for a ride HOME, not to another event location.
- Rides are provided from December 31st beginning at 10:00 p.m. until January 1st at 2:00 a.m.
- Ride Limit is $25. Rider is responsible for any fare exceeding that amount, and tips are not included in the fare.
- Ride codes are on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to the first $5,000.
Our goal is to save lives by reducing the number of impaired drivers on the road. To be truly effective, we need your help spreading the word. Please tell your friends and family about our Safe Ride Home program by sharing this page across your social networks. Together, we can make a difference.