WINNING. IT'S WHAT WE DO.
At the Law Offices of John Day, P.C., our Nashville-based trial attorneys represent clients in three types of cases: (1) personal injury and wrongful death; (2) business litigation and (3) divorce and family law. While these three areas of the law are different, they share a common factor: each area allows us to pursue our profound interest in helping other people during difficult times in their lives.
When you ask most people to name the three things that mean the most to them, they will almost always list their health, their family and their career. Our experienced lawyers are here to help you protect the people and things that mean the most to you. When you are seriously injured or suffer the loss of a loved one, grief and fear about the future can consume you. Divorce can cause untold damage to you, your children, and your financial security. Finally, when your business is sued or damaged by the conduct of another, your very livelihood and financial future is threatened. In all three situations, you want the very best team on your side to help you quickly resolve the present conflict and secure your future.
WINNING. WHERE WE DO IT.
While we are headquartered in suburban Nashville, our award-winning attorneys will pursue justice anywhere in the State of Tennessee. In Middle Tennessee, we routinely go to the larger towns of Nashville, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Clarksville, Lebanon, Brentwood, Gallatin, Dickson, Cookeville, but our lawyers are also familiar faces in Pulaski, Winchester, Fayetteville and other smaller towns. In East Tennessee, we represent people in charming towns like Townsend, Farragut and Dandridge and the larger cities of Kingsport, Johnson City, Knoxville and Chattanooga. In West Tennessee, we will also go anywhere to help our clients -- from Selmer and Ripley to Jackson and Memphis. If you are in the State of Tennessee, rest assured we can help you.
We also handle some cases outside the State of Tennessee. In fact, our lawyers are licensed in Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan and can obtain pro hac vice admission in other states. If for some reason we can't help you in your State, we will try to help you find a highly-qualified lawyer who can help you obtain justice.
WINNING. HOW WE DO IT.
People hire us for results. While we obviously cannot guarantee a win in every single case, we do have a consistent reputation for success that is based on a simple formula: hard-work, exceptional knowledge of the law and a willingness to try your case. Our lawyers give 110% to our clients' cases because we believe there is no substitute for hard work. But make no mistake, it does not matter how hard you work if you do not know the law. Our lawyers have written books and scores of articles on the law and have lectured and taught hundreds of other lawyers at seminars across the state. Lastly, we believe being able to skillfully try a case is critical to our success for two reasons. First, the obvious: your case may actually go to trial. If it does, you want someone who knows how to go into battle. Second, our willingness to take a case to trial helps us leverage the best possible settlement from our opponents. When the other side knows you are ready, willing and able to try your case, negotiations will always be more successful.
WINNING. AWARDS WE HAVE WON.
Our lawyers' ability to bring home a victory has been widely-recognized. In fact, since 1993, John Day has been named one of the country's top lawyers by Best Lawyers. U.S. News and World Report has ranked our firm as one of the nation's best, and Business Tennessee has consistently recognized John Day as one of the best lawyers in the State. Our attorneys have earned Martindale-Hubbell's AV preeminent ratings and have been honored as Super Lawyers. These are just a few of the accolades we have earned over the years. Here are more.
- Personal Injury And Wrongful Death
At The Law Offices Of John Day, Our Award-Winning Attorneys Help Tennessee Families Who Have Suffered Serious Injuries Or The Death Of A Loved One In All Types Of Accidents. Click On The Link To Learn More About Our Personal Injury And Wrongful Death Practice.
- Business Litigation
For 2012, John Day Was Named Tennessee's Lawyer Of The Year In The Category Of Bet-The Company-Litigation, An Honor Earned By Successfully Handling All Types Of Business Conflicts. Click On The Link To Learn More About Our Business Litigation Practice.
- Divorce/Family Law
Business leaders, musicians, professional athletes and individuals with significant assets at risk know they can turn to The Law Offices of John Day for discreet yet decisive action in these matters. Click on the link to learn more about our divorce/family law practice.
- A Proposed Cure for an Emergency Room Doctor Dr. Rebecca Hierholzer is an emergency room doctor who practices in Missouri (and perhaps Kansas). She reportedly believes that the citizens of ....
- Another Day, Another Tennessee Medical Malpractice Notice Case Long story short, Givens v. Vanderbilt Univ. M2013-00226-COA-R3-CV (Tenn. Ct. App. Feb. 27, 2014), is a medical malpractice case that was dismissed ....
- Tennessee Supreme Court Announces Standard for Modifying Grandparent Visitation The Tennessee Supreme Court recently announced the legal standard for modifying court-ordered grandparent visitation in the case of Lovlace v. ....
- The Name on the Business Does Not Necessarily Matter in a Tennessee Divorce Businesses that are marital property must be part of the equitable division of the divorcing couple’s property. But, what if one spouse ....
- Patient Safety Week - Final Post - Protecting Yourself As we wrap-up Patient Safety Week, we want to conclude with some steps you can take to prevent being the victim of a medical error: 1. Write down ....
- Patient Safety Week - Day 6 According to research conducted by John Hopkins Medical Center, diagnostic errors do the most harm to patients and result in the most medical ....