Smyrna and Rutherford County, Tennessee Accident Lawyers
What is one of the most common mistakes made by injury victims in Smyrna and all of Tennessee? Not hiring an attorney soon enough. And, there are a number of reasons we say that:
- The passage of time can cause valuable evidence to be lost. Let's use a truck accident case as an example. First, the scene of the accident may have valuable physical evidence in the form of skid marks, gauge marks, obstructions, etc. and this physical evidence can be lost with additional road usage, weather, etc. The "black box" on the tractor-trailer records certain data about how the truck has been driven such as speed, hard brakes, etc. But, the recording is on a loop so if that data is not downloaded in a timely fashion then it can be overwritten and lost. Witnesses may move or their memories dim with the passage of time. Vehicles can be repaired making a detailed accident reconstruction complete with speeds, Delta-V, Principal Direction of Force, etc. impossible to perform. Documents can be destroyed or lost. In short, the longer you wait to investigate the accident and secure favorable evidence the harder it may be to win your case.
- You need to be prepared before talking to a trained insurance adjuster. Insurance adjusters interview injury victims every day and are trained at getting the answers they want. Of course, telling the truth is the most important advice but preparation by one of our experienced lawyers can prevent you from making incomplete or misleading statements that will be used against you later in your case. Our award-winning lawyers can help you from making an innocent mistake that could cost you.
- You only have a limited time to pursue your rights. Every type of case is controlled by a statute of limitations. While there are different statutes of limitations for different types of cases and different circumstances, one thing remains constant: once the statute of limitations has passed, your rights are gone forever. There is not a way to revive them. Only an experienced lawyer can give you a definitive deadline by which you must file your case.
- Some cases require months of work before a lawsuit can be filed. Medical malpractice cases, product liability cases and cases with multiple defendants (at-fault parties) can take months to investigate. Because we handle all the work for you, it is essential you hire us early so that we can prepare your case appropriately.
- The longer you wait to pursue your rights; the longer you have to wait for compensation. This one is pretty simple and does not need explanation.
If you are a Smyrna resident or if you have been injured in Smyrna and would like to discuss your injury case with one of our award-winning attorneys, contact us at 615-867-9900 (Murfreesboro) or 615-742-4880 (Brentwood) or 615-669-3993 (Nashville) or toll-free at 866.812.8787 or fill out this form for a free consultation in which we will review your case, answer your questions and let you know if we think we can help you.
We can meet with you in either our Williamson County (Maryland Farms location) or our Rutherford County office (1639 Medical Center Parkway) or we can come to your home or the hospital. We handle all injury cases on a contingency basis so we only get paid if we win. Put our 100 years of combined experience to work for you. Give us a call today.