Memphis, Tennessee Injury Attorneys
Our nationally-recognized have recovered millions and millions of dollars for residents of Memphis and all of Tennessee. Why the emphasis on "recovered"? Because a lot of injury attorneys will go to trial against an unrepresented party who has no assets or insurance and get a big jury verdict. But because the at-fault party does not have any assets or insurance, the injured client never sees a penny of that big verdict. And even though the injury lawyer put zero money in the client's pocket, the lawyer will still use the big judgment on their website or other marketing materials to make themselves look more successful than they truly have been.
Our Definition of Success
At the Law Offices of John Day, a big judgment means nothing to us unless it puts money in our client's pocket. So when we tout our judgments and settlements, you can rest assured the money was actually recovered for our client as opposed to just being a number on an uncollectible jury verdict.
How To Hire The Right Lawyer for Your Injury Case
So if some lawyers are inflating their successes, how do you know which lawyer to hire to help you in your personal injury or wrongful death case? Here are just a few questions you should ask:
1. Is the attorney certified as a specialist? There are more than 23,000 licensed attorneys in the State of Tennessee, but just a small fraction have been certified as specialists. John Day and Joy Day are both board-certified as both a Civil Trial Specialists by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. John is also certified in the field of Medical Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys.
2. Does your attorney regularly practice injury law? At the Law Offices of John Day, we have been fighting for the rights of injury victims for more than 80 years. We handle all types of injury cases - - everything from dog bites to medical malpractice to boating accidents. We invite you to review a listing of the types of cases we routinely handle.
3. What do past clients have to say about the lawyer and firm? At the Law Offices of John Day, we are immensely proud of the relationship we have with our clients. We invite you to review our client testimonials.
4. Does the lawyer or firm know the law applicable to your case? When we say John Day wrote the book on injury law, we mean it. Actually, John has written several books on injury and trial law, and you can see them here.
5. Is the attorney well-respected in the legal community? We have been privileged to receive a tremendous number of awards and honors.
6. And, does the attorney know how to get results? As we said earlier, our definition of a win means we got the maximum recovery reasonably possible for our client. So, take a moment and review just some of our recent successes.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in Memphis, Tennessee or you are a resident of Memphis, Tennessee who has been injured elsewhere, let one of our experienced attorneys help you get the justice and the compensation you deserve. Contact us online or call us at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866-812-8787.