Maury County, Tennessee
Injured people in Columbia, Mount Pleasant, Spring Hill and all of Maury County have relied upon our award-winning and nationally-recognized lawyers to be their advocate for decades. They rely upon us because our firm is different in several key ways:
- We concentrate our practice on civil litigation and personal injury and wrongful death cases. Unlike most other lawyers, we do not handle wills, bankruptcies, tax cases, child custody cases, divorces, real estate closings, corporate matters, DUIs or other criminal matters.
- We literally wrote the books on the law of injury cases in Tennessee. See them here.
- We have a nurse on staff full-time to assist with medical issues.
- We do not charge interest on case advances like a lot of other lawyers.
- We do not ask our clients to incur litigation loans to finance their case unlike other lawyers.
Types of Cases We Handle In Maury County
At The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. we handle all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases including medical malpractice cases including birth injury cases, farm equipment accidents, slip and fall accidents, construction accidents, defective product cases, dog bite cases, jet ski accidents, golf cart accidents, nursing home abuse and neglect cases, sexual abuse cases, food poisoning cases, carbon monoxide poisoning cases, summer camp accidents, liquor liability cases, boating accidents, swimming pool accidents, pedestrian accidents, towing-related accidents, cases involving brain injuries, orthopedic injuries, spinal cord injuries, eye injuries, burn injuries and and many other types of cases.
Car Accident Cases In Maury County
One of the most common types of injury cases we handle are motor vehicle accidents -- car wrecks, motorcycle accidents and tractor-trailer crashes. Interstate 65 runs through Maury County as do a number of state highways, Unfortunately, some drivers on those roadways choose to ignore traffic laws and common sense by speeding, driving while intoxicated, driving while texting and engaging in other unsafe acts. From 2015 to 2019, Maury County ranked as follows in crash statistics:
- Overall Crash Rate: 21st
- Fatal Crash Rate: 59th
- Injury Crash Rate: 14th
- Motorcycle Crash Rate: 24th
- Alcohol-Impaired Fatality Rate: 79th
- Alcohol-Impaired Crash Rate: 14th
- Speeding Crash Rate: 25th
- Young Driver (Ages 15-24) Crash Rate: 14th
- Senior Driver (Ages 65+) Crash Rate: 18th
We Can Help You and Your Family
If you have been injured in any kind of accident due to someone's carelessness, you need the experienced team at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. We can help you recover money for your losses which may include pain and suffering, medical bills, property damage, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of earning capacity, permanent impairments, scarring, etc.
In many accidents, there can be more than one at-fault part. For instance, in a car wreck, the following claims might be possible:
- A claim against the other driver and/or his insurance company.
- A claim against your own insurance company for uninsured or underinsured benefits (depending upon the language of your insurance policy).
- A claim against the other driver's employer, if the other driver was on the job at the time of the wreck.
- A product liability claim against the manufacturer of your vehicle if the vehicle did not perform as designed during the accident -- for example, the seat back broke or the airbags did not deploy and these failures caused or exacerbated your injuries.
- A claim against the owner of the other vehicle (if different from the driver) for possible negligent entrustment of the vehicle to an unfit driver.
- A dram shop claim against the restaurant or bar, if the other driver was served too much alcohol before the accident.
- A claim against the State or contractor for road conditions or construction area conditions.
Depending upon the facts of your case, additional claims may be possible. You need our experienced team who can pursue all responsible parties so that you can receive the compensation you need to put your life back together.
Will I Have To Go Court?
Let's face it, after an accident, your time and energy is best used to recover from your injuries rather than trying to wade alone through a legal swamp filled with defense lawyers, insurance companies and powerful corporations. From beginning to end, our goal is to get you the maximum amount of money reasonably possible in the shortest amount of time because we understand how devastating it can be to have medical bills, mortgage payments and other expenses piling up while your off from work due to your injuries.
We try to accomplish that goal by settling your case without the necessity of filing suit or trial. But if the at-fault party or the insurance company does not want to pay a fair and reasonable amount, we will not hesitate to protect your rights in court. To learn more about the litigation process, click here.
Maury County Judges and Court Information
If suit must be filed to protect your rights, Maury County is located in the 22nd Judicial District for the State of Tennessee. The following individuals handle the civil cases filed in Maury County:
A copy of the Maury County Local Rules can be reviewed here. These rules govern the day to day operations of the courts in Maury County.
For the 2010-2011 reporting period, 144 tort cases (claims for personal injury or wrongful death) were filed in Maury County. During that same time, 5 cases went to trial with 2 cases resulting in verdicts for the injured party. The average award was $62,863.00. For the 2011-2012 reporting period, 129 tort cases were filed in Maury County with 3 cases going to trial. Two of those trials resulted in a verdict for the injured party. The average award was $25,878.00. In 2012-2013, 116 tort cases were filed and only 2 went to trial. Of the 2 tort cases tried, the injured party won once and the verdict was only $5,000.00. In 2013-2014, 111 tort cases were tried in Maury County, three were tried, and the injured party lost all three of those trials. In 2014-2015, 98 tort cases were filed in Maury County and two were tried. The injured party prevailed in one of those trials and the verdict was for $57,615.00. During 2015-2016, there were 132 tort cases filed in Maury County, 5 of those cases went to trial, but none of the injured parties were awarded damages. For 2016-2017, 146 tort cases were filed and one was tried. In that single jury trial, the injury victim lost. During 2017-2018, the exact same number of cases were filed and again one case was tried but it was non-jury. The injury victim lost again. Last year, 143 tort cases were filed and 3 were tried (all jury trials), but the injury victims lost all three cases.
Contact Us Today
If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of someone's carelessness, let us our award-winning attorneys help you hold that person responsible and recover the money you deserve. We have already recovered millions and millions of dollars for our satisifed clients, and we can help you too. We handle all injury and death cases on a contingency basis which means we only get paid if we win. For more detailed information about our fees and costs, click here. But, the law only allows a limited time to seek compensation.
We have three convenient Middle Tennessee locations. If you can't come to our office for any reason, we will gladly come to you.