Matthew R. Hinson
Matthew R. Hinson is one of our seven attorneys at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., where he focuses on personal injury, wrongful death, and commercial litigation.
Matt obtained his J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was a member of the Broun National Trial Team, Holderness Moot Court National Team, and a staff member on the First Amendment Law Review. While in law school, Matt also served as a Research Assistant for the Honorable Richard E. Myers, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
Prior to law school, Matt received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Spanish with a minor in Rhetoric from Hampden-Sydney College, where he graduated summa cum laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, as well as a pitcher on the Varsity Baseball Team.
Outside of the office, you can find Matt hunting and fishing with friends, playing his guitar, spending time with his dog, Franklin, and cheering on the Carolina Tar Heels.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D.
- Broun National Trial Team, Member
- Holderness Moot Court National Team, Member
- First Amendment Law Review, Staff Member
- Christian Legal Society, President
- Hampden-Sydney College, B.A., summa cum laude, Economics and Spanish; Minor in Rhetoric
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Sigma Iota
- Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Varsity Baseball
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, 2019 – present
- Nashville Bar Association, 2019 – present
- Tennessee Bar Association, 2019 – present