Lawrence County, Tennessee
For decades, our award-winning attorneys have fought for the rights of injured people in Lawrenceburg, Ethridge, Loretto, St. Joseph and all of Lawrence County. We have recovered millions of dollars for our satisfied clients, and we have helped them put their lives back together after tragic accidents.
For instance, in wrongful death cases, we have helped our clients set up education funds to pay for the children's college. In catastrophic injury cases, we have helped our clients set up long-term care and find suitable housing. We have been able to give the injured person and/or the family the piece of mind that comes with financial security for life.
Types of Cases We Handle in Lawrence County
Our office is different. We do not try to handle all types of cases like real estate matters, tax cases, divorces, child custody, bankruptcies, wills and trusts, corporate matters, criminal matters, etc. Instead, we focus on civil litigation and personal injury and wrongful death cases. And that makes all the difference in how your case is handled and how you are treated as a client.
We understand your situation. You are injured. Medical bills are piling up. Your injuries are keeping you from returning to work and household bills are overdue. You want results and you want them fast.
We handle all types of injury cases including:
- Car wrecks
- Motorcycle accidents
- Tractor-trailer crashes
- Medical malpractice cases
- Defective products cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Injuries and Death During Childbirth
- Dog bite cases
- Bus Accidents
- Golf cart accidents
- Boating accidents and jet ski accidents
- Drowning accidents
- Sexual abuse cases
- Nursing home neglect and abuse cases
- Sexual abuse cases
- Construction accidents
- Farming equipment accidents
- Towing-related accidents
- And many more
Car Accident Cases in Lawrence County
In Tennessee, there are more than 4.5 million licensed drivers and thousands of miles of roadway. Because our State has so many interstates, we also have a lot of out-of-state drivers and truckers on our roadways. Unfortunately, serious accidents happen every day because some drivers are careless or are driving under the influence, texting while driving, speeding, etc. From 2012 to 2016, Lawrence County ranked as follows:
- Overall Crash Rate: 61st
- Fatal Crash Rate: 55th
- Injury Crash Rate: 52nd
- Motorcycle Crash Rate: 76th
- Alcohol-Impaired Fatality Rate: 92nd
- Alcohol-Impaired Crash Rate: 48th
- Speeding Crash Rate: 76th
- Young Driver (Ages 15-24) Crash Rate: 63rd
- Senior Driver (Ages 65+) Crash Rate: 35th
A copy of these crash statistics and others can be found here.
How We Can Help You and Your Family
If you have been injured in any kind of accident due to someone's carelessness, you need the experienced team at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. We can help you recover money for your losses which may include pain and suffering, medical bills, property damage, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of earning capacity, permanent impairments, scarring, etc.
In many accidents, there can be more than one at-fault party. For instance, in a car wreck, the following claims might be possible:
- A claim against the other driver and/or his insurance company.
- A claim against your own insurance company for uninsured or underinsured benefits (depending upon the language of your insurance policy).
- A claim against the other driver's employer, if the other driver was on the job at the time of the wreck.
- A product liability claim against the manufacturer of your vehicle if the vehicle did not perform as designed during the accident -- for example, the seat back broke or the airbags did not deploy and these failures caused or exacerbated your injuries.
- A claim against the owner of the other vehicle (if different from the driver) for possible negligent entrustment of the vehicle to an unfit driver.
- A liquor liability claim against the restaurant or bar, if the other driver was served too much alcohol before the accident.
- A claim against the State or contractor for road conditions or construction area conditions.
Depending upon the facts of your case, additional claims may be possible. But, rest assured, our office will pursue all responsible parties so that you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Lawrence County Judges and Court Information
If suit must be filed to protect your rights, Lawrence County is located in the 22nd Judicial District for the State of Tennessee, which also includes Giles, Maury and Wayne counties. The following individuals preside over civil cases:
A copy of the Lawrence County Local Rules can be reviewed here. These rules govern such things as the issuance of subpoenas, setting cases for trial, exhibits, etc. For a more detailed discussion of the litigation process, click here.
During 2010-2011, there were 47 tort cases (claims for personal injury and wrongful death) filed in Lawrence County but not a single case went to trial. For 2011-2012, 54 tort cases were filed in Lawrence County and one case went to trial, but that case did not result in a verdict for the injured party. In 2012-2013, there were just 41 tort cases filed in all of Lawrence County and not a single tort case went to trial. In 2013-2014, 35 tort cases were filed and two were tried. The injured party lost both of those trials. In 2014-2015, 37 tort cases were filed but none were tried. Again in 2015-2016 there were 49 cases filed, but none of those cases went to trial.
Compare Us To The Others And Then Call Us Today
John Day literally wrote the books on tort and trial law in Tennessee. We encourage you to review our website for our experience, awards, results and client testimonials. We can help you recover the money you deserve and help you put your life back together after an accident.
We handle all injury and death cases on a contingency basis so we only get paid if we recover money for you. And we advance all case expenses. For more information on our fees and case expenses, click here.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in Lawrence County or you are a resident of Lawrence County who has been hurt somewhere else, contact The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. today. Call 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866.812.8787 or contact us online.