Joy DayOf Counsel
Joy has enjoyed a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating, the highest rating possible, since 2004. And she has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyer every year since 2009 -- only five percent of Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi lawyers are chosen each year.
Joy is licensed in state and federal courts in Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan, and she has actively handled cases in each of those jurisdictions. Joy is also a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator. With more than 150 days of trial to her credit, Joy has significant trial experience in high-exposure, complex cases and is more than comfortable in the courtroom.
Joy is a past-President of the Tennessee Supreme Court Historical Society, an organization she served on since 2007. Joy served for six years on the Tennessee Commission for Continuing Legal Education and Specialization, where she was elected to both the positions of Treasurer and Chair of the Commission. Joy is also a member of the Content Review Board for the Tennessee Judiciary Museum.
Joy is a graduate of the Tennessee Bar Association's Leadership Law Program, and she has also served on the Tennessee Bar Association's Youth Court Advisory Board.
She was a founding member of Belmont University's American Inn of Courts and is a member of the John Marshall American Inn of Court. She is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, Michigan Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association, Kentucky Bar Association, Nashville Bar Association and Williamson County Bar Association.
Joy is married to her best friend, John Day. People often ask Joy how it is to work together as husband and wife, and her response is that it works wonderfully for them. She had a great example as her Mom and Dad owned their own business and worked together for many years. Since Joy and John are both lawyers, they understand the stresses of the job and they enjoy working together.
Joy and John love to travel. Joy also enjoys cooking and trying new restaurants. Because she loves food and wine so much, you can often find her at Percy Warner Park or on the Peloton trying to burn off some of the damage. Joy and John have been blessed with three amazing children: Sarah, Michael and Kate.
- University of Tennessee, B.A.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Graduate, Tennessee Bar Association's Leadership Law Program
- Founding member of Belmont University's American Inn of Courts
- Member, John Marshall American Inn of Court
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating, 2004 - Present
- Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Mid-South Super Lawyer every year since 2009 – Present
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator
- Tennessee Supreme Court Historical Society, Past President
- Tennessee Commission for Continuing Legal Education and Specialization, Past Chair, Treasurer
- Content Review Board for the Tennessee Judiciary Museum
- Tennessee Bar Association's Youth Court Advisory Board