Jackson County, Tennessee
For decades, injured people in Gainesboro, Granville, Nameless, North Springs, Whitleyville and all of Jackson County have relied upon us to be their advocate. Here are just a few reasons why:
- We concentrate our practice on personal injury and wrongful death and civil litigation cases. Unlike most other injury lawyers, we do not handle wills, bankruptcies, divorces, real estate matters, child custody matters, corporate matters, DUIs or other criminal cases.
- We literally wrote the books on the law of injury cases in Tennessee. See them here.
- We do not ask our clients to incur litigation loans to finance their case.
- We do not charge interest on case advances like a lot of other lawyers.
- We have a nurse on staff full-time to assist with medical issues.
- Since 1993, Best Lawyers has consistently ranked John Day as one of the country's best lawyers.
- Business Tennessee has also consistently named John Day as one of the best attorneys in the State.
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked the Law Offices of John Day as one of the nation's Best Law Firms.
- We know how to get the results our clients want -- we have recovered millions and millions of dollars for our satisfied clients.
- You do not owe us a penny unless we recover money for you. For more information on how we handle fees and expenses, click here.
We invite you to review our website and compare our credentials and experience with other lawyers and you will see why we are considered one of the preeminent injury law firms.
Types Of Cases We Handle in Jackson County
At The Law Offices of John Day, our award-winning attorneys handle all types of injury cases including medical malpractice cases, slip and fall accidents, bicycle accidents, golf cart accidents, construction accidents, defective product cases, dog bite cases, drowning accidents, jet ski accidents, boating accidents, farm equipment accidents, nursing home abuse and neglect cases, carbon monoxide poisoning cases, food poisoning cases, sexual abuse cases, liquor liability cases, pedestrian accidents, cases involving spinal cord injuries, orthopedic injuries, eye injuries, brain injuries and burn injuries and many others.
Car Accidents In Jackson County
One of the most common types of injury cases we handle is motor vehicle accidents -- car wrecks, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents and tractor-trailer crashes. Interstate 65 runs through Maury County as do a number of state highways, Unfortunately, some drivers on those roadways choose to ignore traffic laws and common sense by speeding, driving while intoxicated, driving while texting and engaging in other unsafe acts.
From 2012 to 2016, Jackson County ranked as follows in crash statistics:
- Overall Crash Rate: 89th
- Fatal Crash Rate: 14th
- Injury Crash Rate: 92nd
- Motorcycle Crash Rate: 43rd
- Alcohol-Impaired Fatality Rate: 21st
- Alcohol-Impaired Crash Rate: 75th
- Speeding Crash Rate: 64th
- Young Driver (Ages 15-24) Crash Rate: 84th
- Senior Driver (Ages 65+) Crash Rate: 93rd.
These crash statistics and others can be found here.
We Can Help You and Your Family
If you have been hurt in a car wreck or any other type of accident, you need the help of our experienced, aggressive team. Let's face it, after an accident, your time and energy is best used to recover from your injuries rather than trying to wade alone through a legal swamp filled with defense lawyers, insurance companies and powerful corporations.
From beginning to end, our goal is to get you the maximum amount of money reasonably possible in the shortest amount of time because we understand how financially devastating it can be to have medical bills, mortgage payments and other expenses piling up while your off from work due to your injuries.
Jackson County Judges and Court Information
If we have to file suit to protect your rights and your future, Jackson County is located within the 15th Judicial District. The following individuals preside over civil cases in the 15th Judicial District:
The 15th Judicial District has established Local Rules which govern the day to day operations of the court. The Local Rules can be reviewed here on the Administrative Office of the Courts website. To learn more about the litigation process, click here.
For the 2010-2011 reporting period, there were only 5 tort cases (claims for personal injury or wrongful death) were filed in Jackson County. But, not a single case went to trial. For the 2011-2012 reporting period, the statistics were exactly the same: 5 cases filed and none tried. In 2012-2013, 4 tort cases were filed and, yet again, no tort cases were tried. For 2013-2014, 10 tort cases were filed, but none went to trial. For 2014-2015, only 5 tort cases were filed and, for the fifth straight year, none went to trial. Finally, in 2015-2016 there were 5 cases filed in Jackson County but none went to trial.
Contact Us Today For A Free Evaluation Of Your Injury Case
When you contact us, we will review your case, answer your questions and explain your legal rights in clear terms. We handle all injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency basis so we only get paid if we win. And, we advance all case expenses so you do not have to pay anything out of pocket to pursue your legal rights. For more information on attorneys' fees and costs, please read more here.
Review our credentials, awards, results and client testimonials and then compare them with other lawyers, and you will see why thousands of injured people have chosen us to fight for them. Then, contact us today so we can get started helping you put your life back together. Call us anytime of day at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866.812.8787 or you can contact us online.