Hotel Pool - Motel Pool Drowning
Whether beating the heat in July or enjoying an indoor, heated pool in the middle of winter, hotel and motel pools can be a lot fun for the entire family. But, they can also be the cause of a horrible tragedy when the hotel or motel fails to ensure the safety of the pool area. The hotel or motel may be liable for drownings and other injuries if:
- The pool gate is not properly latched and a small child wanders into the pool area and falls in the water.
- The pool area does not have signs posted warning swimmers that a lifeguard is not on duty.
- The pool area does not have appropriate depth markers in the pool.
- The pool is not appropriately fenced.
- The pool area surface is unreasonably slick and slippery.
- The pool is not equipped with well-functioning, certified drain covers.
- The hotel lifeguards were negligent and inattentive to a swimmer in trouble.
- The motel used an excessive amount of chemicals causing swimmers to sustain chemical burns.
- The hotel failed to keep its safety equipment in good condition.
If you were a guest of a Tennessee hotel or Tennessee motel and were injured or lost a loved one in a drowning, near-drowning or other accident, contact one of our Tennessee drowning attorneys today and we will help you get justice from the responsible party.
There are a number of issues to address before filing a claim for personal injury or wrongful death from a drowning or near drowning accident against a hotel. First, a determination must be made about who is at fault? Was it the hotel or motel? Was it a separate property management company? Was it a separate pool maintenance service company? Was it the manufacturer of some defective piece of pool equipment? Second, what theory of recovery should be pursued? Is this a negligence, premise liability or products liability claim? Our team of experienced Tennessee drowning attorneys can answer these questions for you. And, we can hire any safety, engineering or accident reconstruction experts that are needed to prove the case.
As for your losses, some losses like the loss of a child need no explanation. But, if your family member was the victim of a near drowning accident, it is imperative for you to present medical and economic experts to explain the life-time of medical care your loved one will need, the economic loss to your family because your loved one is unable to return to the work force, the lost earning capacity, etc.
Rest assured, the hotel or motel will have a team of investigators and attorneys working for them. You need an ally on your side. At The Law Offices of John Day, our Tennessee drowning attorneys have more than 70 years of experience in handling these types of cases, and we have the resources to aggressively fight for you. We do not recover a penny unless we win money for you and we never ask our clients to advance their case expenses or incur litigation loans. So you are never out of pocket any money to pursue your motel or hotel pool drowning case.
For a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our Tennessee drowning attorneys, call us anytime at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866-812-8787 or contact us online.
Other Drowning Accident Information:
- Near-Drowning Accidents
- Public Pool - Community Pool - Municipal Pool Drowning
- Apartment Pool Drowning
- Fitness Center Pool Drowning
- Summer Camp Drowning
- Negligent Life Guards
- Defective Pool Gate - Broken Pool Gate --Unfenced Pool
- Defective Pool Drain Covers -Virginia Graeme Baker Act
- Water Park Drowning
- Boating Accidents
- Jet Ski Accidents
- Drowning Statistics