Franklin County, Tennessee
- We understand the problems facing our clients after an accident. Medical bills are piling up. You are out of work due to your injuries but your mortgage payment and other bills are still due. The at-fault party's insurance company and lawyers are hassling you to take some quick money and sign a release and you do not know what your case is really worth. Or, the insurance company wants you to spend a bunch of time documenting your injuries and other damages. We know you want quick results but you also want the maximum amount of compensation possible.
- We do not charge interest on case advances like a lot of lawyers and we never ask our clients to obtain a litigation loan. We do not get a penny unless we recover money for you. For more detailed information on attorney fees and costs, click here.
- We have a nurse on staff full-time to answer medical questions and assist with medical issues in your case.
- So we can focus on civil litigation and our injury clients, we do not try to be jack-of-all-trade type lawyers. We do not handle bankruptcies, corporate matters, real estate, divorces, child custody matters, criminal cases, will or trusts, etc.
- We are responsive. We return phone calls and emails promptly. We provide thoughtful and needed answers.
- And, we truly care about our clients. To review testimonials from our former clients, click here.
Types Of Cases We Handle in Franklin County
At The Law Offices of John Day, we handle all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases including medical malpractice cases, slip and fall accidents, farming equipment accidents, defective product cases, dog bite cases, pedestrian accidents, drowning cases, jet ski accidents, nursing home abuse and neglect cases, boating accidents, sexual abuse cases, construction accidents, and cases involving eye injuries, burn injuries, spinal cord injuries, orthopedic injuries many others. One of the most common types of injury cases we handle are motor vehicle accidents -- car wrecks, motorcycle accidents and tractor-trailer crashes.
For more detailed information on common types of accident cases, click on our Services page. For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
Car Crashes in Franklin County
Unfortunately, some drivers on the roadways choose to ignore traffic laws and common sense by speeding, driving while intoxicated, driving while texting and engaging in other unsafe acts. According to the Tennessee Department of Safety, for 2011-2015, Franklin County ranked as follows in crash statistics:
- Overall Crash Rate: 58th
- Fatal Crash Rate: 61st
- Injury Crash Rate: 49th
- Motorcycle Crash Rate: 48th
- Alcohol-Impaired Fatality Rate: 25th
- Alcohol-Impaired Crash Rate: 30th
- Speeding Crash Rate: 68th
- Young Driver (Ages 15-24) Crash Rate: 56th
- Senior Driver (Ages 65+) Crash Rate: 45th
These crash statistics and many others can be found here.
Why You Should Hire Us
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, you need an experienced, aggressive team representing you. In any accident, there can be multiple theories of recovery and even multiple at-fault parties. For instance, in an auto accident, we may need to pursue not just the other driver but also uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits, the other driver's employer if he was on the job at the of the accident, a restaurant or bar if the other driver was served too much alcohol before the accident, the manufacturer of your auto if it failed to perform as designed in the crash and additional injuries resulted, etc.
Tennessee's laws on personal injury are complex and are subject to many recent changes by the Legislature. The process can be intimidating and confusing. Let us help you get the maximum recovery reasonably possible.
Will I Have To Go To Court
We trial to resolve our cases without the necessity of litigation. But sometimes, the responsible party or their insurance company does not want to be fair and reasonable. If suit must be filed to protect your rights, Franklin County is located in the 12th Judicial District which also includes Bledsoe, Grundy, Marion, Rhea and Sequatchie counties. The judges who preside over civil cases in the 12th Judicial District are:
The 12th Judicial District has published Local Rules which control the day to day procedures of the court including such things as setting cases for trial, exhibits, dispositive motions, etc. The Local Rules can be reviewed here. For more information on the litigation process and what to expect, click here.
For the 2010-2011 reporting period, there were 94 tort cases (claims for personal injury or wrongful death) filed in Franklin County. During that same period, only 3 went to trial with 1 resulting in a verdict for the injured party. The award in that case was only $715.00.
For the 2011-2012 reporting period, 79 tort cases were filed in Franklin County and 6 cases went to trial (3 were jury trials and 3 were judge trials) Of the 6 cases that went to trial, 3 resulted in an award for the injured party. The total amount of damages awarded in those 3 cases was $284,697.00 for an average award of $94,899.00.
For 2012-2013, there were 90 tort cases filed in Franklin County and 5 tort cases were tried. Of the 5 cases that went to trial, none resulted in a verdict for the injured party.
For 2013-2014, 78 tort cases were filed in Franklin County and two were tried. The injured party lost both of those trials. And finally, last year, 71 tort cases were filed in Franklin County. Only two tort cases went to trial and the injured party lost both of them.
Why You Should Hire Us
These case statistics demonstrate how important it is to have the right lawyer representing you. John Day literally wrote the books on injury law in Tennessee. U.S. News and World Report has ranked the Law Offices of John Day as one of the nation's Best Law Firms. Since 1993, Best Lawyers has ranked John Day as one of the country's best lawyers. Business Tennessee has consistently named John Day as one of the best attorneys in the State. And, we have recovered millions of dollars for our satisfied clients.
Isn't this who you want representing you? If you have been injured in an accident in Franklin County, contact us today at our Nashville office at 615-742-4880 or at our Murfreesboro office at 615-867-9900 or toll-free at 866.812.8787 or online. We now have a Murfreesboro office, and we will be happy to meet with you there or in Nashville. Or, if you need us to come to you, just let us know and we will be happy to do so.