Farm Equipment Accidents on Public Roadways
In Tennessee, tractors and other farm equipment are often on public roadways as they move from field to field or farm to farm. This is especially true in the spring and summer months. Special issues are created when farm equipment is on a public roadway and accidents can happen if appropriate care is not taken by both the farmer and the motoring public.
Some of the more common hazards include:
- Large farm equipment extending into other lanes;
- Slow-moving farm equipment;
- Distracted or unsafe driving by motorists;
- Improperly secured or hitched attachments or equipment
- Lack of proper warning signs, flashers, etc. (where required)
- Poorly maintained equipment (bald tires, inoperable turn signals or tail lights, etc.)
If you have been injured in an accident involving a piece of farm equipment, one of our award-winning lawyers can help you and your family recover the compensatory damages and, if appropriate, punitive damages you deserve.
For a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys, contact us online or call us anytime at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866-812-8787. If you are unable to come to our office, we will gladly come to you at your home, the hospital or wherever is convenient for you. We will review your case with you, answer your questions and advise you of your rights in clear terms.
More Farm Equipment Accidents Information: