East Ridge, Tennessee Injury Attorneys
With over 80 years of combined experience, the award-winning attorneys at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. have dedicated their talent and resources to helping injury victims in East Ridge and all of Tennessee get the justice and the compensation they deserve following an accident.
East Ridge Case Statistics
East Ridge is part of the Hamilton County Circuit Court system, and a large number of tort cases are filed each year in Hamilton County. (Tort cases are lawsuits involving claims for personal injury or death).
For the 2011-2012 reporting period, 702 tort cases were filed and 42 cases were tried. Yet, only 15 of those cases ended with the injured party receiving a favorable verdict. For 2012-2013, 711 tort cases were filed in Hamilton County and 37 tort cases went to trial. Of those 37 trials, the injured party won only 10 of them with an average verdict of $30,365.00. For the 2013-2014 data year, 659 tort cases were filed and 37 tried. Of those 37 trials, the injured party won 16 of them with an average award of $169,198.00. For 2014-2015, Hamilton County only had 622 tort filings, and only 47 tort trials. Most of the time the injured party lost the trial; only 11 won. However, the average award did increase to $366,059.00. Finally, for the 2015-2016 reporting year 755 cases were filed, 47 tried with 12 receiving verdicts of an average of $46,715.
These East Ridge and Hamilton County case statistics highlight the need to have an experienced and aggressive attorney on your side. Many injury victims are so overwhelmed with their injuries, medical treatment, insurance issues, etc. they often do not know how to pick the best lawyer for their case. So here are some helpful tips on how to do it:
Oftentimes, folks will simply get a word of mouth referral, which may or may not be the best attorney for their case. A recommendation from a satisfied client is usually an excellent factor in selecting an attorney, but only if the satisfied client had the same type of case. In other words, simply because Jane Doe is happy with the attorney who did her will does not mean that attorney is the best attorney for an injury case and vice versa. At The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., we are extremely proud of our client testimonials.
Does The Lawyer Regularly Practice Injury Law?
Another important factor is whether the lawyer routinely practices injury law. At The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., our focus is injury cases and civil litigation. As a result, we do not handle bankruptcies, divorces, child custody matters, real estate matters, will or trusts, corporate matters, DUIs or other criminal cases. But, we do handle almost every type of injury case imaginable including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus crashes, trucking accidents, food poisoning cases, boating accidents, sexual abuse cases, carbon monoxide poisoning cases, golf cart accidents, construction accidents, cases involving crime victims, farm equipment accidents, food poisoning cases, drowning and near-drowning accidents, cases involving defective products, food poisoning cases, medical malpractice cases including birth injuries, jet ski accidents, pedestrian accidents, dog bite cases, bicycle accidents, nursing home abuse and neglect cases and cases involving eye, brain, orthopedic, spinal cord and burn injuries and many more.
Other Questions To Ask:
- Does the attorney know the law? John Day has literally written the books on injury and trial law in Tennessee. .
- Is the attorney well-respected in the legal community? Our team of attorneys have earned the praise of our colleagues as well as legal organizations and others, so take some time and review our professional honors and awards.
- Is the attorney board certified? In Tennessee, only a fraction of the 23,000 licensed attorneys are board-certified, but both John Day and Joy Day have both obtained this important certification. Board certification requires a thorough screening of the attorney's experience and credentials including an exam, peer and judicial review, documentation of their experience and disclosure of any disciplinary action. John Day and Joy Day are board-certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by The National Board of Trial Advocacy. John Day is also certified as a specialist in Medical Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys.
- Does the attorney have the resources to handle your case? At The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., we have seasoned attorneys who know how to investigate, work-up and try injury case. We also have an on-staff nurse who assists with medical questions and issues. We routinely work with highly-qualified experts in fields ranging from accident reconstruction to life care planning, and we do not hesitate to hire these experts if necessary to win your case and prove your losses. Lastly, we have the financial resources to handle your case. Litigation is expensive. In complex product liability and medical malpractice cases, the expenses alone can easily reach a quarter of a million dollars. But, we have the financial wherewithal to stand up to the big corporations and insurance companies. For more information on our fees and case expenses, read more here.
- Does the attorney know how to get results? We have recovered millions and millions of dollars for our clients. We emphasize the word recovered because some lawyers will go to trial against an unrepresented party or a party with no insurance or assets and obtain a big judgment. The problem is that big judgment is not worth anything because the defendant does not have assets or insurance to pay for the harm they caused. Yet, some attorneys will use these big judgments in their case results to make themselves look more successful. At The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. we only care about one thing: how much money do we put in your pocket.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
We handle all of our injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid if we win. And, we advance all case expenses -- from the filing fee to expert fees and everything in between. So, you will never be forced to take out an expensive litigation loan or pay anything out of your own pocket.
If you have been injured in East Ridge or you are a resident of East Ridge who has been injured somewhere else, contact us online or call 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866.812.8787. We will provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation in which we evaluate your case, answer your questions and advise you of your legal options.