Collierville, Tennessee Injury Attorneys
- Is the attorney certified as a specialist? Tennessee has more than 23,000 licensed attorneys, but only a small fraction have been certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. John Day and Joy Day are both board-certified as a Civil Trial Specialist and John Day has also been certified in Medical Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys.
- Does the attorney regularly practice injury law? At The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. we have been practicing civil litigation and helping injury victims for decades. We handle all types of injury cases - - everything from car accidents to food poisoning cases to nursing home abuse and neglect cases. We encourage you to review a listing of the types of cases we routinely handle. But even if your type of injury case is not listed, chances are we can help you.
- What do past clients have to say about the lawyer and firm? At The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. we are immensely proud of the praise we have received from our clients. We invite you to review our client testimonials.
- While it seems an obvious question, you should ask if the the lawyer or firm knows the law applicable to your case? When we say John Day wrote the book on injury law, we mean it. Actually, John has written two several books on injury and trial law. You can see them here.
- Is the attorney well-respected in the legal community? Throughout the years, we have received a tremendous number of awards and honors of which we are quite proud.
- And, perhaps most importantly, does the attorney know how to get results? We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. So, take a moment and review just some of our recent successes.
What To Expect If Your Injury Case Goes To Trial in Shelby County
A large number of tort cases are filed each year for Collierville residents and the rest of Shelby County. (Tort cases are claims for personal injury or wrongful death.) Indeed, for the 2010-2011 reporting period, there were 1886 tort cases filed in Shelby County with 79 going all the way to trial. But, the injured party prevailed in only 42 of them and the average award was $81,887.00.
For the 2011-2012 reporting period, there were 1,768 tort cases filed in Shelby County and 79 tort cases tried. The injured party received compensation in 50 of those trials and the average award was $808,878.00.
For 2012-2013, 1,747 tort cases filed in Shelby County and 76 tort cases were tried before a judge or jury. Of the 76 cases tried, 44 were won by the injured party and the average award was $247,527.00.
In 2013-2014, 2,210 tort cases were filed in Shelby County and 95 of those cases were tried. The injured party prevailed in 37 of those trials. There was one extremely large verdict, $33,591,900.00, last year in Shelby County. If that result is removed from the equation, the average verdict in Shelby County last year was approximately $83,000.00.
In 2014-2015, the statistics were: 2,031 tort cases filed, 65 tried and 32 victories for the injury victims. Again, Shelby County had the largest verdict in the State at $30,000,000.00 which skews the average verdict. But, if we remove that verdict, then average award was $68,442.67.
Last year, there were 2,065 tort cases filed in Shelby County and 79 of those cases went to trial. Of those 79 cases, 40 of the injured parties received an award of an average of $385,120.
Contact Us Today
If you have been injured in Collierville or if you a Collierville resident who has been injured somewhere else, contact us today and let us start fighting for you.
We handle all our injury cases on a contingency basis so we only get paid if we win. And, we advance all case expenses so you are never out of pocket any money to pursue your rights. For more detailed information about our fees and how we handle case expenses, click here.
Contact us online or call us anytime of day at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866.812.8787.