Chattanooga, Tennessee Injury Attorneys
Our award-winning attorneys are dedicated to helping injury victims in Chattanooga and all of Tennessee. Chattanooga is the county seat for Hamilton County, which processes hundreds of tort cases each year. (Tort cases are claims for personal injury or wrongful death)
In fact for 2012-2013 year, 711 tort cases were filed in Chattanooga and 37 went to trial. Of the 37 tort cases tried, the injured party only prevailed in 10 of them with an average verdict of $30,365.00. For 2013-2014, 659 tort cases were filed and again 37 went to trial. The injured party won 16 of those cases and the average award was $169,198.00. For 2014-2015, the number of tort filings dropped to 622. In Hamilton County last year, only 11 tort cases were won by the injured party and the average verdict was $366,059.00. And for the 2015-2016 reporting year 755 cases were filed, 47 tried with 12 receiving verdicts of an average of $46,715.
While some people believe filing a lawsuit is the equivalent of winning the lottery, these statistics show just the opposite. The truth is: injury litigation is hardly a sure thing and you need a seasoned attorney who knows the law and knows how to get results. Below are just a few reasons why you should hire us for your personal injury or wrongful death claim:
- Hiring a lawyer is similar to selecting a doctor and most people would not see a dermatologist for a broken bone. The same logic applies when hiring a lawyer. The best lawyer to hire for an injury claim is one that routinely handles injury cases. At The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., we do not handle wills or trusts, real estate matters, divorces, child custody matters, corporate matters, bankruptcies, DUIs or other criminal matters. Instead, we focus our resources and our talents on civil litigation and injury cases. Our attorneys, paralegals and on-staff nurse have handled every type of injury case imaginable including auto accidents, pedestrian accidents, construction accidents,medical malpractice cases including birth injuries, dram shop cases, boating accidents, meningitis cases, sexual abuse cases, trucking accidents, premise liability cases, nursing home abuse and neglect cases, drowning and near-drowning accidents, carbon monoxide poisoning cases, farm equipment accidents, golf cart accidents, dog bite cases, motorcycle wrecks , cases involving defective products, bus accidents, bicycle accidents, summer camp accidents, food poisoning cases, jet ski accidents, claims involving eye injuries, burns, spinal cord injuries, orthopedic injuries, brain injuries, and so many more.
- Our experience and knowledge distinguishes us. In Tennessee, just a tiny fraction of the 23,000 licensed attorneys have qualified for certification, but John Day has qualified in two separate areas. John Day is board-certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by The National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is also certified as a specialist in Medical Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. Certification requires an in-depth screening of the attorney's experience and credentials including an exam, peer and judicial review, documentation of their experience and disclosure of any disciplinary action. In addition to his certifications, John Day literally wrote the books on injury and trial law in Tennessee. These books are used by judges and attorneys across the state and they are often cited in judicial opinions.
- We have the resources to fight with the big corporations and insurance companies. When an accident happens, the at-fault party's insurance company will unleash a team of investigators, attorneys and experts whose only goal is to try and find evidence against you so that they will not have to pay you a penny for your losses. When you hire us, our lawyers, paralegals and on-staff nurse will work tirelessly for you. We routinely work with highly-qualified investigators and experts, and we do not hesitate to hire them if necessary to help win your case. Litigation is expensive. In complex products liability and medical malpractice cases, it can cost in excess of a quarter of a million dollars to prove your case. We have the financial wherewithal to advance all case expenses without requiring you to obtain litigation loans like some other lawyers. And, we handle all injury cases on a contingency basis which means we never get paid unless we recover money for you. For more information on what we charge and costs, please click here.
- Our proven commitment to excellence has been recognized by others. Since 1993, John Day has been honored as one of the country's best lawyers by Best Lawyers, and Business Tennessee has consistently recognized John Day as one of the best lawyers in the State of Tennessee. U.S. News and World Reports has repeatedly named our firm as one of the best in the country. Here are some of our other awards and honors. But truly, the recognition that pleases us most comes from our former clients who are glad they made the decision to hire us -- just look at our Client Testimonials.
- Yet, all these honors, awards and certifications mean nothing unless the lawyer knows how to get results. But, you can rest easy as we know how to do just that. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, so please review some of our recent successes.
If you or a loved one has been injured in Chattanooga or if you are a resident of Chattanooga who has been injured somewhere else in the State, contact the veteran injury attorneys at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. at 615-742-4880 or 866.812.8787 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation. And as always, we are happy to meet with you in your home. We only get paid if we recover money for you. So the only thing you have to lose by not calling us is the compensation and justice you and your family deserve.