At The Law Offices of John Day, we have been helping victims of boating accidents and other injury victims for decades. While there are many causes of boating accidents, some of the most common are:
- Alcohol use: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one in five fatal boating accidents involved alcohol. Drinking and boating just don't mix.
- Distracted driving: There are all sorts of distractions for boat drivers including adjusting the radio, talking on the phone, texting while driving, applying sunscreen while driving, watching a skier, etc.
- Fatigue: A long day on the water can be exhausting. The swimming and the sun can really take a toll. And a fatigued driver is a dangerous driver.
- Faulty Equipment: The problem might be poor maintenance or it might be a problem by the manufacturer in the design or production of the boat. But, faulty equipment can quickly cause a tragedy on the water.
- Driver Error: Operating a boat requires special care due to swimmers, other boaters, wildlife, water depths and jet skiers. There is a lot to watch out for and sometimes a driver makes a tragic mistake.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a boating accident, call our team of experienced boating accident attorneys. We will help you recover the compensation you deserve from all responsible parties whether it was an intoxicated boater, a negligent boat manufacturer, a careless boat repair facility, etc. We understand the physical, emotional and financial devastation a boating accident can cause, and we are here to provide high-quality, compassionate representation for your boating accident. Contact us online or call us any time at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866-812-8787 for a free, no-obligation consultation. We only get paid if we recover money for you, and we advance all case expenses so you are never out of pocket any money to pursue your boating accident case. To learn more about fees and expenses, click here.
Other Drowning Accident Information:
- Near-Drowning Accidents
- Public Pool - Community Pool - Municipal Pool Drowning
- Apartment Pool Drowning
- Hotel Pool - Motel Pool Drowning
- Fitness Center Pool Drowning
- Summer Camp Drowning
- Negligent Life Guards
- Defective Pool Gate - Broken Pool Gate --Unfenced Pool
- Defective Pool Drain Covers -Virginia Graeme Baker Act
- Water Park Drowning
- Jet Ski Accidents
- Drowning Statistics