How To Select a Personal Injury Lawyer
What You Should Know Before Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
You would not hire a dermatologist to perform brain surgery. So, why would you hire a lawyer who does not concentrate on personal injury law to represent you in a personal injury or wrongful death case? Hiring the right lawyer can be critical to a successful outcome. But, after an accident, the physical, emotional and financial burdens can be overwhelming and can make it hard to know who to turn to for help. Here are some questions you should ask when selecting an attorney to represent you:
- Does the lawyer know injury law? At the Law Offices of John Day, our focus is on civil litigation and injury cases. We do not handle real estate matters, bankruptcies, DUIs or other criminal matters, will or trusts or corporate matters. But, we have handled almost every type of injury case including auto accidents, carbon-monoxide poisoning cases, trucking accidents,nursing home abuse and neglect cases,bus accidents,motorcycle accidents,dog bite cases,medical malpractice cases,workers' compensation cases,serious burn cases,injuries caused by defective or unreasonably dangerous products, drowning accidents, golf cart accidents, jet ski accidents, sexual abuse cases, boating accidents, food poisoning cases, birth injury cases, bicycle accidents, liquor liability cases and many more. John Day literally wrote the books on injury law in Tennessee. See them here and here. These books are cited by judges and routinely relied upon by other lawyers in the State.
- Does the lawyer have the resources to handle my case? In complex products liability and medical malpractice cases, the expenses associated with proving your case can be in excess of a quarter of a million dollars. Can your lawyer afford to advance those costs and hire the best possible experts? Some lawyers will not advance case expenses. Or, in cases with large expenses, some lawyers require their clients to obtain litigation loans with unconscionable interest rates. At the Law Offices of John Day, we advance all case expenses. We do not ask you for a dime for case expenses, and we never ask our clients to obtain litigation loans. And, as always, we do not get paid unless we recover money for you.
- Is the lawyer well-respected in the community? What do past clients say about the attorney? Since 1993, Best Lawyers has ranked John Day as one of the country's best lawyers. Business Tennessee has consistently named John Day as one of the best attorneys in the State. U.S. News and World Report has ranked the Law Offices of John Day as one of the nation's Best Law Firms. Our lawyers have also been recognized by other lawyers -- earning Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent ratings and Super Lawyers awards. And past clients are extremely happy with the high-quality representation they have received -- just look at our Client Testimonials.
- Has the lawyer been successful in the past? At the Law Offices of John Day, we know how to win. We have recovered more than $100 million dollars for our clients. Review some our successes here.
- Can the lawyer take on the opposition? Corporations and insurance companies will typically hire a team of investigators, attorneys and experts to try and deny your claim. You need an attorney who can help level the playing field and who can take on the opposition. At the Law Offices of John Day, if necessary to prove your case, we will hire hire experienced investigators and qualified experts -- whether the field is accident reconstruction, biomechanics, medical, economic, etc. And, we have a nurse on staff full-time to assist with medical issues and questions. Most importantly, our attorneys are fearless in the courtroom.
From anywhere in Tennessee, contact us online or call us anytime at 615-742-4880 or toll-free at 866-812-8787 for a free, no-obligation consultation. We will thoroughly review your accident and advise you of your rights. If your injuries prevent you from coming to our office, we will gladly come to you at the hospital or at your home. Let us be your voice. We will make sure you are heard loud and clear.